October 5, 2008 - We just received this from Guido in Italy and do not have time to formally format it. However, it is of such importance that we did not want to delay
posting the information. The translation was done by GOOGLE and may be a bit awkward here and there. Eventually we will get this formatted and on line.
We must be very grateful to Nick, a frequent our site, if today we can expose a new, very serious forgery of Catholic relics. Perhaps one of the most sophisticated and insidious among those so far encountered in the course of our ministry.
For several months we are seeing on the Internet, the sale of a large quantity of false relics, according to the related letters of authentic almost always present, most signed and sealed (at least in appearance) from father Alessandro Florio Tessari, Postulator general of the Friars Minor Capuchin, should have come from the General Curia of this religion. And thus be fully assured of authenticity.
The seller is always the same individual, such a "pumukyelectroduende", the Inca, in the Balearic Islands (Spain), which is active on eBay from 13 June 2006. Before we were forced to lay eyes on him and his infamous activities, "pumukyelectroduende" was able to complete more than sixty commercial transactions, consisting almost all sales of "relics" (or, rather, of some kind garbage presented as such). We, because of eBay, we have only been able to verify its trades for the past three months: the investigation was still enough to draw a precise and unambiguous terms of that infamous shopkeeper, simoniaco and scams.
So far this swindler, technically well equipped and very shrewd, had managed to stay behind the scenes through various dirty tricks:
- First, it was assumed the risk of falsifying the signatures of real people and living, which usually a buyer can not wait because this is a serious criminal offense, which involves grave consequences if it is legal discovered by;
- It has to corroborate the authentic, a dry stamp, which generally counterfeiters are not due to the relatively high cost of such a tool stationery;
- He tended to mimic as closely as possible the appearance of real authentic issued by various church official who turned to;
- He has always published ads eBay accompanied by photographs of poor quality, that while, generally discourage any buyers, on the other (as indeed happened) delay or even render impossible the discovery of fraud;
- Moreover, for a long time, "pumukyelectroduende" was limited mainly to fake relics of saints and blessed of religious persecution in Spain. These, as everyone knows, are very numerous, and therefore very easily could have been be in possession of a modern compatriot of the characters they belong to.
In the latter period, however, the greed of easy profits has prompted the Spanish forger to abandon his usual caution and put up for sale, always accompanied by "genuine" signature of a presumed father Tessari, unlikely relics ex capillis "of San Pio da Pietrelcina (No eBay 190256095355) or Santa Maria Bernarda Soubirous (No eBay 190257017041).
This by itself was really a serious mistake, and our friend Nick has been unsuspected us providentially it. People well informed, in fact, know very well that Postulation general of the cause of Father Pio has never put up his first-class relics, including even those "ex capillis", and that the cause of canonization of Bernadette Soubirous was not carried out by the Capuchin, which would have been impossible not only that the General Curia of the Friars possess relics of loose visionary of Lourdes, but above all that is allowed to put them into circulation violating specific prerogatives of others.
Immediately reached by telephone, not surprisingly expect the father Florio Tessari fell from clouds, and confirmed that he had never packed, authenticated and distributed similar relics. And of course, now, may take legal steps against the forger who has abused his name.
So they cleared the first two major falsifications, it was obvious that the question should also extend to all other relics sold on eBay from "pumukyelectroduende", which appeared physically quite similar to them. The result was disheartening because it is in all cases of false relics, whose tech and whose authentic were packaged using seals, stamps and signatures false. Here's a list at least partially, so that we publish their unfortunate buyers might return to the seller and demand a refund from him due:
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. MARIA JESÚS Masiá Ferragut, theca with authentic (# 190252619048) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. LUIS DA PALMENTIERI CASORIA, theca with authentic (# 190252005065) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX CAPILLIS" St. M. Bernadette Soubirous, theca without genuine (# 190247557033);
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. Pacific VALENCIA, theca with authentic (# 190250676647) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX CAPILLIS" by S. M. BERNARDAE Soubirous, theca with authentic (# 190246240238) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. Rafael Guízar Y VALENCIA, theca with authentic (# 190248978068) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. MILAGROS Ortells, theca with authentic (# 190248977593) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- . "EX OSSIBUS" of "B. MARIA JESÚS Masiá Ferragut, theca with authentic (# 190248979923) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of BB. MM. OF SPANISH CIVIL WAR, theca with authentic (# 190248979295) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of BB. FIDEL and Bonaventure DE PUZOL, theca with authentic (# 190247516085) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- . "EX OSSIBUS" of B. BERARD LUGAR DE NUEVO, theca with authentic (# 190247521047) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. LUIS DA PALMENTIERI CASORIA, theca with authentic (# 190247519958) signed Florio Tessari, data unreadable;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. PACIFIC TO VALENCIA, theca with authentic (# 190246285615) signed Florio Tessari, 10 October 2004;
- "EX VESTE" of B. Braulio MARÍA corres Díaz de Cerio, OH, theca without genuine (# 190236481081);
- "EX CAPILLIS" St. ANGELA DE LA CRUZ, theca with authentic (# 190240855710) signed Luca De Rosa, 26 October 2006;
- "EX OSSIBUS" St. ALBERTI Chmielowski, theca with authentic (# 190239637018) signed Renata Ladislava Bobrowska, 25 July 2007;
- "EX CAPILLIS" St. ANGELA DE LA CRUZ, theca with authentic (# 190243741477) signed Luke DeRosa, 26 October 2006;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. Franco Maria Rubatto, theca with authentic (# 190241609507) signed Paolino Rossi, 10 October 2004;
- . "EX CARNE" of SAN ANTONIO MARIA CLARET, theca without genuine (# 190236655393);
- . "EX CARNE" St. M. BERNARDA Soubirous, theca with authentic (# 190239637731) signed Florio Tessari, 18 April 2005;
- "EX OSSIBUS" of B. ANA MARIA MOGAS Fontcuberta, theca with authentic (# 190240336190) signed Teodoro Zamalloa, 6 October 1996;
- "EX VESTE" of SAN PIO X PM, casket without genuine (# 190236517472).
Besides the direct testimony of his father Alessandro Florio Tessari, what more proof that all these relics have been falsified miserably? The findings are numerous.
We note first that, although theoretically came from six different Postulators, in a time span of more than ten years, they, strangely, appear to have been made using the same type of casket gilded metal, such as "a daisy", produced in Italy by Casting Zaffo. Apparently the forger, having designed from the outset to pursue a fraud in grand style, must have bought wholesale a lot of Teche all the same, to save on costs.
The fake seal that was used to seal these Teche with the wax is round, size not specified, and shows the emblem in the center surrounded by Franciscan written: Postulatoria GENERALIS (Figure 1). It appears, always identical, both on Teche you would have been sealed by fathers Paolino Rossi and Florio Tessari, Capuchins, both on those who would like to have been sealed by his father Luca De Rosa, Friar Minor. What obviously absurd, as evidenced by the feedback of real seals used by Postulation general and the Capuchin Order of Friars Minor, who seem much different. The seal of Postulation Capuchin it is round, with a diameter cm. 1,2, and bears the emblem in the center surrounded by Franciscan written: POST (ulator). GEN (eralis). ORD (inis). M (inorum). Cap (puccinorum). The seal of Postulation of Friars Minor is circular in shape, has a diameter cm. 1,4, and around the Franciscan coat of arms shows the inscription: SIG (illum). POST (ulatoris). GEN (eralis). O (rdinis). F (ratrum). M (inorum).
Same for the dry stamp used to support the real. Both documents assigned by the forger to the postulator of the Capuchins, and those assigned to the postulator of Friars Minor, under the signature is always the same stamp round, with the emblem in the center surrounded by Franciscan written: Postulatoria GENERALIS CAUSARUM, enclosed within Double frame continues. True stamps used by the Capuchin Friars Minor and are rather different. What is the Capuchin round, big, with a diameter cm. 4.3. The written around the central Franciscan emblem is the same: Postulatoria GENERALIS CAUSARUM, but are very different frames within which it is enclosed, which are not continuous but beads. In addition, the outer frame of genuine stamp is a small crown of lilies, which in fake stamp is missing altogether. The real stamp of Friars Minor, then, with one used by the forger did not own anything in common. It is not circular in shape but ogival shape (such as medieval seals), the Franciscan coat of arms combining the figures of the Most Holy Name of Mary Immaculate and, and its inclusion contour reads: SIGILLUM POSTULATIONIS GENERALIS Fratrum Minorum / ROMAE / DEUS OMNIA MEUS ET. In addition, the Postulator General of the Friars Minor, traditionally gives its stamp on the left edge of documents in false offered for sale by "pumukyelectroduende" Instead, the stamp seems always superimposed the signature, which is customary diplomatic their general Postulator only Capuchin. Finally, the forger, shamelessly, has used his fake stamp dry "Franciscan" to corroborate allegations of "genuine letters" that would have wanted to believe compiled by religious belonging to other orders as the father Teodoro Zamalloa, Trinitarian, and Renata his mother Ladislava Bobrowska, Albertine of the Sisters Servants of the Poor (a modern religious congregation Polish).
Now signatures, all strictly autograph, father of Alexander Florio Tessari (Figure 3), the father Paolino Rossi (Figure 4), the father Luca De Rosa (Figure 5), the father Teodoro Zamalloa (Figure 6) and mother Renata Ladislava Bobrowska (Figure 7). If placed near one another, despite the fact that, at least in theory, should have belonged to five different people, they all seem now not only handful of the same person, but even plotted using the same black pen (you say type of liquid ink). Needless to say that, compared with the real names of these five persons, these false signatures appear macroscopically different. It will be useful to note, however, that the real father Luca De Rosa "is writing his signature with the original surname of definite" DE "capital, while the forger, sloppy, always use the tiny and writes" de Rosa " .
To conclude this critical review, it was said that the false "letters of authentic" we are dealing with, from a chart, are generally a good imitation of the original documents. The type of paper on which were printed (with a laser printer connected to a computer), however, does not match that never actually used at the four different Postulation general calls into question. There are also detectors errors, both in terms of language (ie, in Latin), both diplomatistico. The mistake most sensational use in the two genuine compiled on behalf of his father Luca De Rosa, postulator general of the Friars Minor (Figure 8). In them, in fact, it is noted not only the already mentioned erroneous use of the stamp, but it is also a header infarcita Pacchiana errors, not only unworthy of the official Church and esteemed scholar of the history of Christianity to which the forger would have liked to assign But even a student-school beginners. Here is the transcript: "FR (ater) Luca (sic!) ROSA DE / Causarum Servorum Dei Ordo (sic!) Fratrum Minorum, OFM (sic!) / Postulatoria Generalis." The forger, therefore, shows that he does not know that in Latin, the event name, Luke writes is "Lucas", while "Lucae" may be genitive case or dative not know the full name of the father De Rosa is "Luca Maria" As always is specified in its true authentic letters, as the first name was confused with the genitive first declension, immediately after the forger, on the contrary, genitive confused with the name terzadeclinazione, writing "Ordo" instead of "Ordinis" also repeats "OFM" after "Ordo Fratrum Minorum", apparently not knowing that it is a simple acronym of the same name. The forger, in this case, has clearly imitated the heading of documents relating to the Postulation general of the Capuchins, thinking (in his ignorance) that even for those of Postulation General of the Friars Minor it was the same. In the real head of authentic letters compiled by his father De Rosa instead reads: "FR (ater) LUCAS M (air) ROSA DE / Provinciae Neapolitanae S (ACRATIS) S (IMI) Cordis Jesu / ordinis fratrum minorum Postulatoria generalis. How you see, a formula quite different from the previous year.
The dishonorable forger may have a lot of time on his hands in the next few years to improve his Latin grammar - behind bars.